Wednesday 24 December 2014

HAPPY XMAS 2014

It's been quite a busy December for me and the Animal Krackers team. Not sure about non-cats but for cats it's been a goodish month. To date (5.30pm 24th Dec) this month we've re-homed 14 cats and kittens compared to none in same period last year and there are hopes for at least another couple going before the end of the month.

I've been running around all over the place (well, all over Sunderland) doing home checks, meeting people at the re-homing centre to adopt cats, picking up donated pet food from supermarkets, distributing pet food, taking cats and kittens to the vets, spending hours on the phone trying to help people who need to re-home their cats or who've found one -some I've been able to accept, more not because the numbers needing new homes seem to increase in December, but really it's a matter of luck if they call when a space has been freed up with a fosterer (like me, or Adele), taking in cats to foster (see previous posts), updating the cats needing homes web page and the the archive of cats re-homed, writing blog posts, contributing posts to the Facebook pages of Animal Krackers and Kings Road Vets (mostly the same posts shared TBH) plus my own Facebook (less of an overlap), plus looking after my own seven little monsters and a varying number of foster cats, countless cat-related emails including keeping AK people in the loop of what I'm up to, and in between trying to squeeze in some life of my own. I'm not complaining, I love doing what I'm doing and wouldn't do it if I didn't. And please don't think I'm the only who does a lot of this work because I'm not, not by a long way.

Tomorrow, however, the only cativities I'm doing are looking after my own. Otherwise it's Christmas Day and Christmas dinner with my ex and ex-brother and ex-sister in law and my ex-niece and ex-nephew. Looking forward to it. Hope you all have a good one.

Here are some photos.











No comments: