Monday 10 February 2014

NOT MUCH HAS HAPPENED

After a terrific start to the New Year, I haven't re-homed a cat in two weeks. I should have known better than to be so gloating and gleeful as it's come back to bite me in the bum. It's a shame as we've some lovely cats wanting homes and on Friday of this week (space allowing) there'll be another four (or six) friendly young cats arriving.

The black and white kitten, who I named (on the spur of the moment when asked for a name by vet Louise) Emma, which spent five days at the vets because of terrible diarrhoea is back with me. It's dried up considerably, though could still be better. She definitely likes people as she spends a lot of time in the same room as me and often comes on my knee, or chest, to be made a fuss of or to curl up and sleep. I'll be putting her on the list of cats/kittens available though I still have some reservations about her overall health.

I've just taken some nice photos of her in good lighting conditions. See what you think.




Otherwise it's been a quiet week. The usual answering phone and email enquiries, emptying food bins at Sainsburys, Morrisons, and Asda, buying cat food, supplying Carole whose list I've just updated with three young ginger cats -worth checking out, they're lovely and friendly. Nothing really on the horizon until Friday when I pick up the six cats from Seaham to take to Wendy's for their second flu jab. 

Talking of whom, here's the link to the website for her King's Road Veterinary Practice - http://kingsroadvets.org/   -which is now two years old. There were three of them when they opened and now the staff total is ten. I think you can assume that it's been successful and deservedly so. They also have a Facebook page with a photo competition that I might even enter. Why don't you too?

No comments: