Thursday 16 December 2010

COLONOSCOPY UPDATE

Just received a call from Nicola the senior nurse who runs the programme to say that my results had arrived.

They are clear. The polyps, which it was useful to have removed, were not of the type to develop into cancerous growths.  I will be sent the faecal test kit in another two years (just because it's clear this time...) but apart from that I'm discharged. She did tell me to keep an eye on my bowels (a little difficult but I know what she means) and either call the department or mention it to my GP if I have any concerns.

I can now breathe a sigh of relief.

Phew.

I told Nicola that Susan and I worked directly with the public all our lives and she and her team displayed a very high standard of customer care and we both appreciated it.

So that's over. Normal service will now be resumed.

Expect a post about kittens very shortly. I'm picking up a 14-week old one this evening and hope to see the 1-week old kittens (four of them not three as mentioned previously) and their mother when I drop it off.

No comments: