Sunday 18 October 2009

ANIMAL RESCUE: Dogs



Thursday, 6 August 2009


 

I don't write much, if anything really, about the dog rescue side of Animal Krackers simply because this is my blog. I don't pretend to be objective or impartial about anything. It's about stuff which interests me and which I'm involved in. So I don't write about dogs.

It isn't because I don't like dogs, I do, very much. If I'd been given a puppy instead of a kitten when I was three I'd be a dog person who likes cats instead of a cat person who likes dogs.

Dog rescue is as equally an important part of Animal Krackers' work as the cat side of things. While I sometimes help out with that, it's mostly Andrea with some help from ex-RSPCA volunteer Phil, our volunteer van driver (when neither Phil nor myself need it) Ian F, and sometimes Susan. They do all the collecting of dogs, arranging either fostering or kenneling, taking them to the vets as needed, and all the stuff involved in re-homing. Basically they do for dogs what I do for cats and they do it very well.

I've written this for anyone who's visiting this blog particularly to read about our animal rescuing and I felt I needed to set the dog record straight as this is otherwise a cat-centric blog.

Post Script.
Just found out today that Marmalade (see earlier posts) has been re-homed. My two favourite rescued cats re-homed in the same week. I'm over the moon, Brian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This article gives clear idea designed for the new sers
of blogging, that in fact how to do blogging.

Here is my blog ... win lotto system scam